6.13.2013

Three of the Best Gifts

This is the first post in a noncommittal series of short-list-like posts I'd like to make.

This is a list of three of the best gifts that I've ever been given. It's not a comprehensive list and it's in no particular order, this is just three of my favourite things that I've ever been given.

1.) One Thousand Paper Cranes

In November 2011, I made a joke to Jessie Fast that she should sent me 1,000 paper cranes, and for Christmas, she did. This isn't all of them, a great deal of them are presently hanging from my ceiling. I remember being absolutely stunned when I opened the box. I've never been so shocked or so surprised and awed by a gift.
2.) Letters, Notes, & Cards; basically anything with Words

I love words... always have. I sort of live off words of affirmation and I can remember things people have said to me about me for years and years and years. I'd rather get a crumpled up napkin with words from a loved one on it than a set of lotion from The Body Shop any day. This is a little wicker box that I bought some years ago, it's stuffed full cards and letters and notes. The top card is a Christmas card from Robyn Nelson. I know, it looks like a birthday card but that's only because Robyn chose the BEST card out there to include in my Secret Santa present for our roommate exchange in 2008.
3.) Handmade Photo Album


The year I turned 22 was my Golden Birthday. That year, Ai Melody and I went on an adventure around Seattle that ended with my first (and so far, only) ever Korean BBQ experience (be careful the seeds you sow, people). Anyways, after dinner, she took me to one of her favourite secret places on Lake Washington and she gave me THIS, a photo album that she made from hand and filled with pictures from our various adventures. To this day, it's one of my favrourite things for all the love and time that she put into it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment